Sunday, January 4, 2009

Withholding a Favor

Today I spent most of the day cleaning out my old closet at my parents' house. I was pretty disgusted to see some of the crap that I've not gotten rid of in the 6 years since I have moved out of their house. Oddly enough, I came across lots of favors and memorabilia from weddings. The favors had not even been opened out of their packaging. What a waste!

So, I have decided to forgo wedding favors. Often they are just a trinket that is left behind, or they sit in somebody's closet until she gets over the guilt that has kept her from throwing it away earlier. I say 'she' because most men have enough sense not to take the favor in the first place!

There will be out of town bags, though. I think that it is really important to show friends and family our gratitude for making the trek to the wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment